Task Runners can pick up restaurant "food deliveries" as part of it's services from most local and national food establishments in the area - even from places that offer their own delivery.
Pre-paid orders to be picked up is just a phone call away!
Our restaurant delivery service has changed. Due to our involvement with Instacart (and other online order platforms), the way we provide this service is now different.
1. Task Runners is no longer paying out-of-pocket for food delivery orders. The ONLY payments we are collecting is our "delivery charges".
2. Customers will now place their order with the restaurant and pay them for the order, either by phone, through the restaurant's website, or by some other "third-party" means.
3. "On demand" or ASAP (As Soon As Possible) food delivery orders are no longer available. You will need to call us first for an available time, in the event we are doing an Instacart or another online service.
(Our Instacart "terms of service" agreement prevents Task Runners Delivery from postponing any Instacart orders that are accepted as we are an Instacart "delivery service provider", so food delivery pickup is not available when shopping for an Instacart order, this is why you need to call us first for a pickup time)
3. Task Runners delivery charge will still be $10 (plus any extra expenses) for all food deliveries. Cash is recommended, but if credit/debit cards are used, there will be a $1 "convenience fee" added to your order to cover card-processing fees.
Large or complex orders picked up may incur a small "labor" charge that may be added for delivering to events, climbing flights of stairs, heavy items, or if the large delivery requires multiple trips to and from our delivery vehicle.
4. Task Runners may NOT transport restaurant food items KNOWN to not transport well for long distances. These include cold items, like ice creams and other frozen items. Foods that are not boxed up correctly for transport or leak will not be picked up. Make sure when you place your order that you tell the restaurant to seal or tape ALL bags or boxed items securely. Task Runners will not be responsible for what restaurants use for "to-go" containers OR the items contained therein. Be aware that sealed items cannot be checked for accuracy of the order when picked up. As normal, all items are transported in thermal baggage to keep foods as close to proper temperature when arriving to your door.
5. Some fast food restaurants will not allow "call-ins" for orders. Unless they offer online ordering, we will not be able to pick-up from those places.
6. In the event there's a non-payment of the delivery charges or the order is refused at the location, the order will not be released and will be returned to its point of origin. If Task Runners is asked to re-delivery the order, another delivery charge will be added. If a non-payment or refusal happens at the same address twice, that address will be flagged as a NO DELIVERY location and banned from the service permanently.